Friday, August 6, 2010

Just listen baby!!

Ipod suggestion for today…. The Slackman and I will text randomly our ipod/cd pick of the day to each other because we have similar musical taste and it’s nice to get inspired from someone else to listen to something you might not have listened to in a while. Often on Fridays I’ll put my ipod on shuffle till I hear something that I want to listen to the whole album (if youngins is reading that’s how music is supposed to/was listen to before itunes and crap Justin timberakon speareyonce). Today’s pick is Simon and Garfunkel’s greatest hits, man if oil and water don’t mix them sure as hell can sing!! The Boxer, Cecilia, Bridge under…., Homeward bound……… If you have some or can get some, do you won’t be disappointed, hell get some parsley, rosemary, and thyme and really enjoy (though not if your at work). The boxer is my favorite, but listen to homeward bound, the best song about being on the road; young not yet a star and lacking confidence in your song writing abilities. Ironic because Paul Simon is a genius, but we all struggle with self confidence I guess. “All my words come back to me in shades of mediocrity like emptiness and harmony I need someone to comfort me – homeward bound. I wish I was – homeward bound” Wonder what it must be like to write something that the masses can relate to like that? Anyway, listen if you can and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.