Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 20/21 and SRV

Got stuck at work late last night, no time to go to park so I walked around by my house. Only did 30 minutes, but was actually able to jiggle my fat arse at a jogging pace for about 5 minutes or so, so surely I got my 2 miles in. Today is off day, but think I might take dog for a long walk when I get home, because it is 'why the fall is best time of the year' beautiful in buckeye land today. 79 slight breeze nice and sunny with a few clouds. Perfection. On a sadder note......

I'm not good with anniversaries or dates of this or that, but the slackman is and keeps me well informed. 20 years ago today the world lost (in my opinion) the greatest guitar player in history of the world Stevie Ray Vaughan. Now before anyone screams (fill in your guy here) is the best: Hendrix is the greatest creator/unique player ever and I love slowhand like anyone and I think Mike McCreedy is most under appreciated ever, but Stevie is the man! 2 reasons, the pure soul of his play makes you feel the pain or joy or whatever emotion he is trying to convey in a song and he had a frickin' Peacock tattooed on his chest!! RIP SRV, biggest reason (aside from my family/friends) I hope I'm wrong about heaven is so one day I can see you in the best/never ending concert in the sky. Gonna go put on the ipod and try and get some work done (some/not a lot).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.