Saturday, September 4, 2010
Day 28/29 and Villa Nova
So had nice off day Friday and unintentionally Saturday, will make up for that tomorrow with a long walk. Its not like I did nothing, actually did a lot of work at my parents getting ready for their cookout tomorrow, but I need to stick to my miles and I will get them done. Also, need to do so because this is not a great food weekend, labor day is so called because most people eat so much they feel like they are going to give birth! Add to the normal cookouts and such, Callie and I finally got around to trying a restaurant her cousin recommended. It is called Villa Nova and its on high st in Clintonville. As a fat man I am saddened that I did not know about this place and had to be let in on the secret by skinny people (very very nice skinny people). You would think I would have fatdar (like gaydar but for food). This place has Italian done right at a good price, I had the lasagna with Alfredo sauce: good note to all if you go to Italian place for the first time and want to know how authentic it is, ask if you can have lasagna with Alfredo. If they say sure, good sign, if they say let me check, bad sign. Also, if they have a cup or side of Alfredo in the sides part of menu, another good sign. Villa Nova hit all the good signs, plus a good salad with phenomenal ranch dressing and very good bread sticks. Now, its late.... I'm kinda in a food comma....and my wife and dog might make me sleep on the couch (garlic farts are nasty) so I better go get a pillow and blanket. Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that called us skinny! Glad you liked it.
ReplyDeleteoh no, thank you. and we've already been back for seconds.
ReplyDelete