Monday, September 13, 2010

Final segment of NASCAR 2k10

I’ve only been big in to racing for about 5 or 6 years. The 2006 Coke 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway was my first ever live race and since then I’ve been to 3 other races with plans to go to many more. Second only to the Shoe, live racing is unbelievable!! In 2008 went to Richmond spring race and this year made it down to Talladega and over to Indianapolis for the brickyard. Bristol, Daytona, Martinsville, and Pocono top my list of tracks to get to now and I look forward to getting my brother to a race live at some point. Having said this it is becoming more and more frustrating to be a Dale Jr. fan. I will never find another driver to root for like him because (like many) he and my friends are what first brought me to the sport. Sadly his performance is no longer on par with his personality. He genuinely seems like a guy I’d hang with or any one could hang with, unlike his fellow drivers whom often seem either to corporate or whiney or both. Luckily I’m a browns and Indians fan so I can cheer in the face of certain doom and unfulfilled hope and potential. Next year, next sponsor, Next crew chief blah blah blah…… Sadly this means another year out the chase, no wins, and little to cheer for. The 48 can win all the championships he wants and will never have a moment like this years July 4th weekend nationwide race. The hopes of moments like that keep me coming back despite the likely hood of continuing failure. Go 88, let’s get a win and build to next year, plus move to Cleveland, they understand!

Below are my picks for the final segment, I am still in it mathematically, but it is clearly Brock’s to lose.

Loudon – 33….. Come on Ivan you’ve won here before and a quick win early is key to getting up and getting a chance to win.

Dover – 48….. Man was is hard to find the one track to pick the 48 team. Steve may I make a suggestion, take whomever is in last place and track if that person was (and did) allowed to pick the 48 for all 10 races how they would fair. I’d guess they would go from last to at least 4th probably higher. Afraid we are in for another couple of early wins by the 48 team and championship 5 in a row.

Kansas – 14….. Smoke is good here and needs an early win if he’s to get his first owner/driver championship. I think I’m rooting for him most out of the guys that made the chase.

Fontana – 17….. Ford guys had rough start to the season, but got 3 in the chase and might have something to say about how it finishes.

Charlotte – 1….. What a year for high pitch McMurray, could he bring a championship to DEGSI racing (Dale Earnhardt Ganasi Sabatos Inc)?

Martinsville – 11….. Is this the year they film ‘Days of Thunder 2: the special needs ride’?
Dega – 24….. Usually I pick well enough to go with my heart here and take the 88, but I need a come back so I’ll go (begrudgingly) with fruity mcsecondplace to get a win.

Texas – 99….. He has a giant horseshit phony Texas sized grin so maybe he’ll back flip his way into a late push for the cup. Maybe picking all these fords is why I’m in forth this year.

Phoenix – 29…. Well, if he hasn’t won before this in the chase he might be out of it, but I can’t pick the 48 again (would have done so like 4 other times if I could) so I’ll go with second most successful driver in the desert.

Homostead – 16…. I’ll predict the 48 needs to finish 26th or better to lock up the cup and the Biffle will do what he does and win the last race of the year when it doesn’t matter and no one cares because they are busy watching the 48 to see if he’ll blow an engine or get taken out by a big wreck.

So there you have it, probably no 3 peat for this hombre, but it’s not over till the fat lady sings or you’re in the 88 car and they drop the green flag!

2 comments:

  1. HILARIOUS!! A New Saying coined by YOU. "Its not over until the 88 takes the green flag" 4!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, you know he is in danger of finishing lower than the 98 team? if that happens i might cry.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.