Tuesday, September 14, 2010

College picks week 3

9 out of 10 right last week and I still lost ground, stupid Uga! Oh well, I’m definitely leading the picks of people who look at no other experts picks or stats and just pick based on superstitions, hatred, and personal bias. Those of you crunching the numbers and seeing that Arkansas qb Ryan Mallet typically struggles on the road or this or that stat, boooo on you! Try making your picks based on pure dislike of Urban Meyer! Now that’s college football.

Before I pick, lessons from last week: Va tech bad, all of the ACC bad, big east bad, d Robinson good, d Robinson will get Maghee’d if he keeps running that much, Montana’s kid bad, Boise st still overrated just now more people will see their top 2 opponents will have 4 loss seasons, UCLA bad. One thing learned yesterday, next weeks schedule of games very bad if the bucks vs. emu is a regional 3:30 abc game!

On to the picks: side note, I’m an original member/co-creator of college football picks and yet I am not picking any of the games this year (which I’m fine with), but I may need to request a veto vote if we keep seeing Clemson games. It’s unfair, I can’t pick Clemson games with a clear mind because my hate for them is like my hate for Boise/Mich/last years Purdue game/ and organized bigotry all wrapped into one!

10 pts – Fla wins, this is a no brainier because tenn is mui mui mal (very very bad) and if Florida was to lay an egg and lose, well xmas would come early for me!! Hey Urban, way to struggle with Miami of Ohio and S. Fla, team looks pretty stella! Haven’t had a chance to mention yet this year, You sir are a CHEATER!! (and a liar)

9 pts – Iowa wins, again a good 2 for 1 game, because watching Iowa lose and again being overrated good, but think they actually are good and bigten is better so can pick to win with confidence they probably will score points for me.

8 pts – SC wins, do you hear that? Its Glenn Mason’s laugh echoing around Gopher land, should have been happy with being a successful program year in year out without ever getting to the next level. It’s the best you’ll ever be and you thru it away for Tim Brewster?! Hahahahahahaah

7 pts – Aub wins, I believe WarEagle is good again, but considered picking Clemson because of afore mentioned hatred of the orange clad morons from the Southern Cross state.

6 pts – Neb wins, nice to see Bo get Nebraska back to real good in time to join the big ten, should see this week if the blackshirts are back against a good QB on an ehh team.

5 pts – Houston wins, the fact that there is not more national talk about Ricky being on the coaching hot seat is a sign of how bad (for how long) ucla has been and how little people (aside from Steve) care. Sad. Houston as always has QB that is good and can shred bad teams, like ucla.

4 pts – Tex wins, probably should make this higher because tech is not what they’ve been recently, but Tex always struggles in Lubbock. I think they will out talent tech, but could see and upset here so will keep’em low.

3 pts – Sparty wins, Sparty has good good rb’s, ND not good on defense and only good on offense as long as Crist stays healthy (add an H and he could just heal himself? Wife will yell at me for that joke, ehh.) Sparty gets it done because they are at home in one of the worst stadiums in college football. Side note: for those that have never been, sparty has one of the most beautiful campuses with old brick buildings and a great center campus area. Having said that, why did they build such and ugly, boring, depressive, gray, blah stadium? Seriously watch the game it’s just dull, looks like an open air insane asylum! I’d be more surprised people don’t regularly jump off the top of it, but probably get too depressed just walking to the top, quit and turn around.

2 pts – Ark wins, ok I think Mallet and the razorbacks should go take care of UGA quite easily, but Mallet has struggled on the road in the past and I’m not going 9 of 10 again and losing a butt ton of points because of F-ing uga!!

1 pt – FSU wins, man if they had shown any life against Oklahoma I’d have no qualms about picking them (I think they are better than they have been) but they laid a major egg. Now I think boomer sooner is good and doubt BYU is anywhere close to that good, but this could be a lot more close than I would have thought a week ago.

Predictions for this week, Gary will go 10/10 (his picks and he’s due), the bucks will return a kick (punt or off) for a TD (we had more overall return yds than Miami last week), I will text my friend Keith ‘go eagles’ and tell him how I am now an eagles fan so he can blame me and be mad at my ‘jinx’ when they lose! And lastly I will begin to have dreams of the going to the shoe in 11 days!! I wanna go back, I gotta go back to O-hi-O!!

2 comments:

  1. Co-Creator? Did I have a board meeting that I dont remember. Frickin alcohol abuse!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well in the sense 2 people (1 maybe a little drunk) can text about football till they finally decide on a need to gamble on it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.