Before I get to the picks a few thoughts… Great win for the buckeyes, let’s hope it is another step towards being a really good team, clearly run game is good, defense is good, and qb is getting better everyday and he needs to keep getting better. Also, defense needs to sure up how to play with a lead. Another great Nov can lead to a shot at another B10 championship.
If you saw any of the Toledo vs. N Ill game last night you got a score fest!! I’m going to give a former buckeye (tol head coach Boeckman) a little tough love. If you are up 3 in a 60 point ball game where almost no defense has been played and the other team has the ball first and goal at the 5 with 2 min to play in game?... They are going to score, don’t fool yourself into believing in some miracle goal line stand. Also, you have all 3 of your timeouts and your offense has been as unstoppable as theirs, so when they run the ball and you stop them… CALL AN F-ING TIMEOUT YOU DUMBASS!!! N. Ill scored to take a 65-62 lead with 19 secs to go and after the kickoff Toledo got the ball on the 25 with 15 seconds to play. Here is the kicker - they moved the ball 35 yds before the clock ran out!! If he had called 1 of his 3 timeouts on defense they would easily have had time to get in field goal range and probably would have had time for a td!! College coaches must know that time outs do not need hoarded for offense because clock stops with a first down. Worse time management I’ve seen in a long long time. Then again what do I know, I can’t even pick at a 50% clip for the season?
On to my picks… and I am feeling very confident in my picks this week, which means I might get 5 or 6 right!!
10 – Oregon, if I win the lottery I’m going to donate 10 million dollars to Oregon football on one condition. They let me make one of those giant picture board signal calling things they use on the sideline and they use it every game for 5 years. On my board will be the following pictures; one of Mark May, one of Summers Eve, one of a bag, and one will be blank in honor of the big games pitt football has won in the last 30 yrs!!
9 – ND, man the golden domers are kind of good – again – when they don’t turn the football over. Only way this game is even close is if ‘fg messiah’ turns it over a bunch.
8 – Texas, tejas is kind of good again. If this was at tech or if tech had showed any stones last week then maybe would have this lower or even the other way.
7 – Ok st, could the cowboys be the team to sneak into that who plays the lsu/bama winner spot? Looks that way, knew they had great offense, but can’t believe their defense shutdown Baylor – impressive.
6 – Virginia, They should slaughter Maryland, but it is the ACC so who knows?
5 – Fl st, ok not feeling so confident again, really I’m picking fl st on the road? But BC is bad bad… have I mentioned I hate picking ACC games? To be fair I’m bad at all the games, but the ACC seems to confound me more than others.
4 – Mich, big win for team up north last week, that is the point in the season the last couple of years where they would implode and tank the season, now I think they could lose this week, probably will lose 1 or 2 of their remaining 4 games (hopefully at least the last one!!), but they also look to have the talent to win all 4 of those games. Time will tell I guess.
3 – Baylor, at home off a big embarrassing loss, time to score 70 pts.
2 – Ark, coin flip game going home team.
1 – bama, the 10k dollar question, I’d like to have some insightful breakdown of why, but I don’t do research (aka regurgitate what I hear/read on espn), I go on gut feeling, limited knowledge from watching some college football and mostly on my hatred of one of the teams. In this case, bama is home and I’d rather LSU win because Nick Saban is the poster child for slimy corrupt coaches for hire. Bill Belichick calls Saban to tell him to lighten up on the reports they just have a job to do!! Seriously he has the personality of the wet paint. Anyway, geaux crazy Les!
One last thing… Mark May is a Douche!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.