I came up with this idea while watching football a couple of Sunday's ago and basically I think its hilarious and I wanted to do it solely to make some of my friends laugh. Specifically a few friends who I always joke about one athlete and 'growlers'.
A little history....
There was/is a Internet fad called planking...
... basically lay across something like a board/plank and take a photo and you have planked. Pulled this off the millions on the Internet.
Then someone, presumably an annoying Gator fan (or possibly Bronco fan) started 'tebowing', or posing places in the post TD pose Tebow does to say thanks to God for investing time in something as important as helping Timmy get another touchdown, ehh, anyway it caught on and you can find examples of that all over the Internet as well...
... possibly this guy needs God to make his train come in on time?
So all this led me to a thought, how could I start a lame Internet fad? Make my buddies laugh? And pay homage to one of the creepiest bad athlete stories of my lifetime?
Davenporting!!
Najeh Davenport is a former University of Miami football player and multiple NFL teams player who while in college was so obsessed with a girl (maybe an ex girlfriend?) that he hid in her dorm room closet and waited for her to come home. But, she took longer than he must have thought (or he didn't plan ahead) and he had business to conduct. We've all been there, got to go bad, in the middle of something you just can't stop - what to do? what to do? Najeh, said this closet has a close basket in it, I'll drop my 'growler' here and keep waiting!! And my friends and I have enjoyed much 'growler' humor ever since!!
So, hope you enjoy and maybe this will catch on and make its way to Internet fame. Who knows maybe one day 'Davenporting' will be on Tosh.O, one can only dream...
... so go forth my Davenporting for all to enjoy...


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.