Wednesday, September 28, 2011

wk 5 picks college football

Indoctrination comes through support, love, and offers of better/more. You can have this and that if you join us or believe in him. We will support you and show you the way, maybe give you a place to stay or a bite to eat. Even help you make for a better life, learn how to do for yourself, better your station. Pretty powerful, and if done intrinsically, some of the better stuff humanity has to offer. Unfortunately this often is accompanied with the evil sides of humanity, like bigotry, hatred, power, and control. Groups with an agenda to grow their power, spread their message, and all too often intolerant of those that are different or unwilling to conform.
What happens when those forces need to turn loyalty and indoctrination from membership to action? A different kind of motivation, no more hugs/promises of a better life (maybe even an afterlife)/70 virgins/a chosen tribe; a motivation known a fear!! The possible loss of what you have come to hold dear can motivate people to extremely positive and extremely negative actions. It can motivate people to subhuman strengths to lift a car or motivate to learn, learn, and apply till a cure is found or a treatment to prolong life etc etc etc… Sadly it can lead to hate, violence and worse. Fanatical actions like dictatorship and terrorism are born of controlling fears of the masses and then motivating to action as the only solution to ending their fears.


What the F does that have to do with College Football?

Nothing conventionally speaking, other than to make an analogy that illustrates the power of fear and why it is important.


Joe Bauserman is a nice guy, he can date any (of age) woman I know. Braxton brings what an offense needs more than anything in football – FEAR. He isn’t perfect and the growing pains will be painful to watch at time and ultimately he might never be great. Yet he has the ability to maybe be great one day and in the short term he puts some FEAR in opposing defenses. That allows more holes in running game, more open WR’s, plain and simple more options. I’m so happy the coaches have let him lose to learn on the job and bring possibility/promise to this team and this season. As a buckeye fan I know I will struggle to not be mad when he makes mistakes he certainly will. We must stand behind this kid, he is our best chance and seems to have the poise and ability to learn quickly and be great. Move over Toni, there is a new Braxton!! (Ok, I just want to see if anyone actually remembers her?)


Enough diarrhea of the mouth on to my picks…


10 pts – Wisc wins, sadly if bucky badger is ever to luck into an undefeated season it will be this yr. I hate wisc without respect because I just don’t buy the hype and that they are so squeaky clean, something fishy there but I can’t place it. Anyway, they have a QB to go with all that talent and I think at home they will win all games easily, if they slip up it will be on the road and hopefully (but doubtfully) will be at the shoe!!


9 pts – Utah wins, not sure why I have this so high or feel so strongly, but just don’t see the huskies winning a lot or on the road.


8 pts – Latech wins, umm? Again no idea on this, but going against jet lag and back to ‘fear’, if I was from Hawaii I’d be very very afraid in the bayou!!


7 pts – S. Car wins, better take care of Auburn at home or no magic season for the ole ball coach.


6 pts – Clemson wins, damn but Clemson is good, they win even when their QB makes a hilariously bad turnover!! I know Va Tech is hard place to go and get a win on the road, but I think they will.


5 pts – Baylor wins, I was leaning towards kst after their win at Miami last week, but then I remembered that Baylor has a sick QB and that kst beat fucking Jacory Harris who will never never win a game against a good team (unless they play a midget for 75% of the game)!! Breath breath, move on move on… ok I’m better.


4 pts – Texas wins, why o why am I going with them longhorns on the road? Well they can’t stay down forever? Can they?


3 pts – Fla wins, that’s right I’m going upset and hoping it pays off big (gotta take chances to make up some points) and it is in the swamp! Fla has something they have been missing for awhile (and is often overlooked with their flash) a really good rb and running game. Bama does have a sick defense, but I’m looking for fla to make a loud loud we are back statement this weekend.


2 pts – Bucks win, I just think at home with our running game and hopefully an improving Braxton we will get the best of sparty. My biggest concern (besides turnovers obviously) is our linebackers. They have got to pull their shit together and play better, more specifically – play consistent. We shall see. Go Bucks!!


1 pt – A&M wins, what a toss up game!! Will the Aggies show up for the entire game? Played a great half against ok st and then aggied all over themselves in the second half!! Ark seems to have lots of lots of injuries.


Good luck to ME!! Sorry, being selfish I need some luck in college football, I’m starting to feel like the Illinois of our league. Lots of promise, every yr people point me out as a team to look out for and then barf barf all over the place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.