Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Week 3 college pick'em picks

I actually had a pretty good week last week with my picks, still nearish the top of the picks and with in striking distance of first. That will end this week for sure. I wanted to put 4 of these games as my 1pt confidence pick this week. Who knows, maybe I will get lucky and have a good week? Here goes nothing…




10pts – Nebraska wins, at home and against the huskies this should be the one lock of the week. Then again having a big ten team as your lock pick does scare the shyte out of me.



9pts – G. Tech wins, honestly I know shit about these teams this year, but I believe Kan lost tons of their offensive talent and everyone online is picking the yellow jackets to win easy, so I will follow the crowd and probably get burned.



8pts – LSU wins, Miss St choking dog loser lost to Auburn. Crazy Lez will have his team of degenerates ready to kill and win easy me thinks.



7pts – Fla wins, ok here it is I flipped the 8/9, 6/7, and 4/5 games in pt value from my original thoughts based solely on home winner vs. away winner – making all the home winner pick the higher pt value. Having said that, I didn’t look it up, but I’d guess it has been a long time since Tenn won in Gainesville, but I’m almost sold on Tenn and their new young QB. In fact if not for all the other hard to pick games, I would have taken Tenn as my 1pt winner as a gamble, so don’t be surprised if this goes down as a loss. I bet everyone will take Fla, so not a huge loss. (I hope)



6pts – ASU wins, if not for how bad the big ten has looked so far this year, I might have picked the illini here. I should not be holding the suckiness of the big ten against the illini, but I am and it will probably cost me. Man I’m stupid.



5pts – BYU wins, they should have beat Texas and that might not be a huge challenge right now, but still at home they should get it done against ‘the pac12’ Utah team.



4pts – Texas wins, guess herbie was wrong UCLA is still good for nothing other than tight white sweaters and filling up the spank-bank!! Yes I’m still bitter they lost me 4pts in week 1, I hold a grudge, and peeps should know that by now. You suck Nuehisel or however you spell your last name, how bout I call you Rick Loser?! Easier to spell and warns people of what you will do!!



3pts – WV wins, a game that will tell a lot about both teams and actually about Miami (fl). I’m going with the better QB and offense, plus Maryland will return to normal uniforms this week, so WV shouldn’t be distracted or dizzy from those stupid helmets.



2pts – Okla wins, again a game that will tell weather Free Shoes U is back or if the Sooners will live up to the hype and win a big game for first time in a while. I think boomer sooner will, but not confident enough to put it higher.



1pt – Bucks win, how could I have this opinion after last wk? I don’t know, but I think Toledo’s offense is pretty damn good and we gave up 22 pts with 8 of that on a 1yd drive after a blocked kick and 7 of that on 1 big screen play on a missed tackle against best player in the MAC and one of best skill guys in the entire country who was over looked by the big schools because of his height. That’s right his height, which is a common factor most coaches look at (sometimes wrongly), but apparently not the buckeye coaches when it comes to QB’s or specifically ones that throw sidearm, so that every pass comes out the pocket at about 4ft of the ground!! Ok, I’m losing it time to refocus….

I think we will win because I believe defense is really good (especially considering youth) and that Harris will again throw 4int for the U, like last yr. I also hope that the coaches will actually give Braxton a chance this week after watching tape from last week of Joe. If not? I don’t want to think about that!!



So there are the picks…



Let me say you should watch Friday night’s Boise St at Toledo game. I have bashed on Boise St, but they are really good and this will be an interesting game to see how good Toledo really is and I expect a high scoring game – my prediction is Boise St Wins 63 – 48. I also still believe if Boise St had to go through a real SEC, Pac-whatever, Big ten, Big12 – and shrinking conference they would loose at best 1 to 2 games every year. Having said that, the NCAA dropping the hammer on them for lack of institutional control because they had some ehh football violations and then tons of serious violations in track n field and connect 4 or whatever sport is total BS!! What a joke, but how can we get that mad? It is just the newest in the line of head scratching NCAA rulings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.