Monday, September 12, 2011

seg 6 picks

The Chase begins and for those in - a fresh slate - so come on 88 team, you got in barely - now do something with it, please :-)

As for my picks, well been slipping a bit and though I am in fourth still I am 61 pts behind first and need some big  moves, I figure all top 15's in last 10 races and 2-3 wins will be needed to catch el prez. I can do that - maybe? Here it goes...

Chicagoland - smoke, what a way to open the chase for the man who said if I can't compete they shouldn't even let me waste the spot. Well I say, get your first win of the season and hop back to the top.

Loudon - Gordon, everyone says he is completely back and looking to get his 5th championship. I guess that would at least mean Johnson didn't win again!

Dover - Johnson, they might as well just make the chase 9 races long and give Johnson credit for the win here, think he has 6 wins here, fricking redonkulous.

Kansas - Keslowski, Brad has been mui en fuego and he has a good record at Kansas, so if he is going to keep up the winning ways and compete for the chase - look for it to be here.

Charlotte - ok, my stretch pick, sort of. I've picked on kid joey at not quite ready, but his Charlotte numbers are pretty damn impressive and I'm sure no one else will pick him, so could be a big move for me. (or a horrible flame out pick)

You will notice that I didn't pick jr, well I'm hoping he can keep himself in it in this first segment and then make some noise at dega and tejas. Lets face it, we will take it anywhere and yeah he almost won Charlotte earlier this year, I don't hold much hope for a win in first half of the chase unless he gets some fuel mileage magic at chicagoland this weekend, which is would be awesome!! We shall see, at least he is in there and has a chance for a change, now come on Letard, time to break out all the stops. Go 88!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.