Off to a pretty good start to the 2012 season for my picks and for my favorite driver. Hopefully both those trends continue and hopefully the 88 team will turn being up front every week into a win and this week at Dega would be the perfect place. As you will see in my picks, I don't have any faith that segment 3 holds a track where the 88 team will get to victory lane. Yes Pocono and Michigan are ok tracks for Jr., but not places you'd mention him in top 5 or even maybe top 10 guys to win. Never know, they could prove me wrong and win both or Sonoma, yeah right. Anyway my picks for seg 3 are...
Darlington - 56, ok my first non traditional big boys team pick of the season is for the incredibly with-it MWRacing Napa car. That team has been good good good and I was surprised to see how consistent Martin Truex numbers are at Darlington, hopefully he will make me look like a genius and nobody else will have him as their pick.
Charlotte - 48, duh yes it sickening, but this team just doesn't screw up often, even when they do (like this past week) they still finish strong (like 6th after pit problems at a short track? how?!) and it is Charlotte where lets face it they dominate.
Dover - 18, looks like Kyle might be getting some mojo back and I hate to say it but he is good and really good at the monster mile.
Pocono - 11, he already has 2 wins this year and maybe he has recovered from giving the cup away in 2010 and is poised to get his first? I hope not, cause duh I'm for the 88, but if Hamlin is to get his first cup look for him to sweep the Pocono weekend. Oh yeah, if I win the lottery I'm going to Pocono instead of playing golf that Saturday while my wife has her baby shower.
Michigan - 99, hard to believe that will be 1 yr since last race I went to, not looking good for making a race this year, but that's ok, cause looking good to take my kid to races in a couple of years and that will be way cool! Oh yeah my pick, Ford is usually pretty dominate at their home track and look for that to continue just which driver will it be because the 17 and 16 are also good picks. (Also this is last place the 88 team won a points race almost 4 years ago in 2008, I really hope that is no longer a true statement by the time this race comes around)
and finally...
Sonoma - 42, ah the track where you can safely pick a DEI car to win and really it's only because you could put JPM in the least competitive teams worst car at the road courses and he would run up front. His worse finish at this track is 22nd and that was I believe the race where he got into an "F-it all" mode and just started having a dump-off contest with some of his fellow drivers. Look for him to keep it clean and get another win on a road coarse and fueling the fires of those that (wrongly) claim he's only good on road courses. Also look for him to find a better team whenever his current contract is up because I believe it is not him but sadly his equipment. And is there anyone who wonders why Jr. wanted majority control of DEI and left when he didn't get it?
So that's it till segment 4
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.