Tuesday, November 9, 2010

some things/thoughts

I have been less than motivated to post lately and busy, living. Not sure what has got in to the browns lately, but it's AWESOME and i'm just going to enjoy it and hope it continues!! Maybe we have the Real McCoy!! Read/reading a couple of great books lately, read A year of living Biblically over vacation and i'm reading the last George Carlin book right now, both great/funny reads with deep moments. I love reading (more than writing cause there are way better writers than me around) but don't find/make enough time for more reading. Hopeing/looking forward to getting/reading the BaBa Boey book, and maybe the Jim Bruer or Greg Fitzimonds books.

Had a good time at (not as good as my wife, but good) at the Haloween party where we first met. It's funny to me that I never ever searched for what I have and yet I was lucky enough to have it find me. Wonder why that happens when I see things I see in the world. There are 5 situations that I can't/won't talk in detail about that make me: a) very thankful for where things are in my life, b) wonder how others got where they are, c) why people behave/react the way they do, and d) would I have seen it, done it, or acted it? Guess that's why life is the best classroom, because you can always ask 'what would I have done?' The only thing I know to do is be the best friend I can be, offer advice when asked or an ear to listen if not asked. I don't pray, but whatever you wanna call it, I hope for people to have better luck or continued luck with the things they are going thru and for others to have better judgement/behavior and appreciate what they do have.

On a lighter note, the bucks bball had a scrimmage sunday and play their first regular game fri and though it is early, I am way stoked for this season. The freshman class seems possible of living up to the expectations and gelling well with the returning upper class (whom looked to have continued their growth). Football begins again (after a bye week) sat and hope for another strong nov finish and B10 (11,12....) Championship and hopefully BCS game. We will see, most important is beating T.U.N. whom still has no defense, but WOW what an offense!

Holiday season is starting, good luck to everyone! Wish I didn't know anyone to donate to, but feel good this season that my family is doing very little gift giving (aside from my nephew) and are choosing to donate what we can afford to help people who really have a need. In all my sillyness and fanatisism i've always had a good base that football and sports are a release/escape from real life. The older I get and the more that happens, i'd happily give up all these hobies if it meant eliminating the reasons why we need to escape. ".... but words will never hurt me." they might not hurt, but what they mean/represent scare the f-ing shit out of me. Anyway, i'll be thankful for my health and hopeful for good health on the horizon for others not so fortunate.

so there are some ramblings from my mind, if they are hard to follow and jump all over the place, sorry but imagine having those bounce around your head and trying to keep them in order. I'm amazed I can walk and talk at the same time! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.