Forty days till the first buckeye game of the season, a Thursday night opener and needless to say I can’t wait. I’ve been thinking about what to write, kind of want to talk about heading into Tress’s 10th year and the accomplishments possible with a great season, but as my wife said “your too superstitious to do that”. Then I thought about breaking down other schools and the bucks schedule, but ehh I’m not Espn and ‘my followers’ (lol) deserve more. So I figure I’d right about the best feeling in the world that very few people get to experience.
Football players, and by football players I mean defensive players and offensive lineman and fullbacks the other offensive players might as well be in flag football. Anyway, football players, boxers, rugby players are the most likely to know what I’m talking about, maybe bar brawlers too! It’s hard to describe it in a word or even a made up word, and it’s more than knocking the wind out of someone, it’s more like knocking the sole out of someone. I went reverse bungee jumping once (where they fling you 180 ft in the air) and at the apex for a split second you are weightless (only time in my life I’ll be close to weightless) it’s as if you’re forcing the feeling of being weightless on someone. There is a compression to the perfect hit and a sound that the other player makes. It’s like an air belch where the whole body is screaming “what the F was that?!” I miss that more than anything from high school. I’m glad it’s not easy for others to feel, it is earned. If you watch a lot of football, you might see tackles or hits that you think fit what I’m talking about, but they don’t. I’d say if in every practice, scrimmage, and game I was in maybe I made a couple thousand hits or tackles and only had the experience 3 times. You can make great tackles from behind or the side, lunging, diving or barely by the shoe string. The perfect hit is hard, you have to come square to the chest, slightly from below and pop clean thru the chest concaving the body. Memories, like the corner of my mind (sing along Susan). Anyway, miss that it’s great. Go bucks!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.