Monday, June 14, 2010

names, erie and other ramblings

Funny how hearing a song can lead to a thought and then in my case that thought can lead to another and another and then I’m not even sure where I started or where I’m going. Its kind of like a drunk Mr. Miagi trying to catch meth-head fly’s with wet noodles he thinks are chopsticks cause Danielson switched his saki with tequila. Anyway, I was thinking about my nephew (Jack) which made me think about my grandpa (John/Jack) which made me think of Erie and how I haven’t even talked to (or seen) in too long my PA family. My grandpa’s brother Denny is great (like all the Joint’s) and we are long over due for a night of drinking and conversation. You will never meet people whom you can have a better conversation with fewer words, it’s hard to explain other than to say the quality is way better than quantity so don’t miss a word, they are all gems.

Funny story on names, like a lot of families we just keep using the same names in different combinations over and over and over…. David, John, Charles….. Well my brother is John, my grandpa was frickin Grandpa - still can’t see why everyone did just call him that (since he was like the best grandpa ever!!) but most called him John, except his immediate family called him Jack (Cause his Dad was John, what is Paul or George really that awful? I’m mean I like Lennon but it’s not like i'm asking you to use Ringo!!) So my brother is perpetuating this confusion with naming his kid John David and calling him Jack. If I had a daughter I might be compelled to call her Jackie, then Callie would kill me and I’m not really up for getting killed. It’s just a mess. I wonder how you say John in Morse code. I could name my kid - - .. … -!! Ehh, my grandpa would laugh at that and then we’d have Ice Cream, I miss that……

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.