Well here it is the last week of our 2012 college football
picks season and I sit on the precipice of Glory! (No I’m not trying to be an
ass that used big words, I just didn’t want to say edge and sound like lady
fucking gaga or whatever her name is) It will be difficult to get first or
second, but I’m tied (and very much alive) for third which puts me on the
podium by F1 scoring! My dilemma is rather to go with normal/safer picks and
try to get third based on sound reasoning (and luck) I’ve used all season or to
powerball up for the 500 million jackpot and go crazy picks that most certainly
will be at odds with the leaders and hope for a crazy lucky weekend. I’ve been
torn and finally I’ve decided to go with teams I would have anyway but to move around
the points values to hopefully make that big move. We shall see…
Before my last picks – 12-0 and a win over the winged
helmets, great season (all seasons with a win in THE game are great) Go Bucks!!
Can’t wait till next year.
As for the Browns, yes beating the Steelers is awesome, but
it isn’t so great a feeling to know it was second time in 19 games and they
were playing their third string QB and turned over the ball 8 times!! 8 times!!
AND WE WON BY 6 POINTS!!!! Shit does anyone know where the Super bowl is being
played next year so I can make reservations?! Fucking Hell!! We are really
making progress, now if we can only get through the off season without our
rookie QB dying of Old Age!!
If I do win the money, can I get it before 12/21/12 because
after all 3 ohio teams won last weekend I’m really starting to fear this Mayan
calendar bs!
Ok, down to business…
10 pts – Stan wins, if you watched the game last weekend at
UCLA and then see this one is in Palo
Alto , well sorry Bruins but maybe beating the condoms
and going to the Rose Bowl in one season is too much to ask this year.
9 pts – Boise St
wins, um no undefeated season for Nevada
to ruin this year so figure blue turf gets it done.
8 pts – Ok wins, I’d probably be in the lead still if not
for some ill timed Ok picks this year, so I’ll jump on that bomb one more time
and hope for a faulty trigger.
7 pts – Ok St
wins, this is one of those point value changes because this should be a 1 or 2
point game with these two teams playing, but I’m banking on one of the leaders
going Baylor at home and hoping the fighting Barry Sanders can bring it home
for me.
6 pts – St U of NJ wins, Big 14 bound Rutgers
at home vs L’ville, no brainer right? I hope so…
5 pts – Neb wins, trying to beat them twice in one year didn’t
work out for sparty last year, but since according to the coaches vote Nebraska has
the BigTen First team QB player in Martinez (fucking joke!) they should be able
to keep the BigTen from sending the first ever 5 loss team to the RoseBowl,
hopefully!!
Final score for tiebreaker - 41-28
Another side note from paper this morning in Columbus,
Really BigTen awards – the last Ohio
State coach to win BigTen
coach of the year was Earl Bruce in 1979? Unbelievable! Congrats to Coach Obrien
on an impressive 8-4 campaign, but maybe what’s wrong with the BigTen as a
conference is we give award for over coming a bad situation to have a good
season (where you lost to likes of ACC power Virginia) and not to a PERFECT
season! In fact that means in last 10 years the buckeyes have had 3 Perfect
Regular Seasons (2002/2006/2012) and not 1 coach of the year?! Fucking Joke!! I’m
sorry but maybe the Buckeyes should leave the little 13 to their own thing and
go either solo domer style or join the SEC and let Urban do his thing!!
4 pts – N. Ill wins, Kent St is trendy pick for lots of
people, but look at N. Ill season and compare and
I’m sorry they are the better team. Kudos to form buckeye coach bringing Kent State
to relevance, but not sure Kent St
can get it done. If they do, I bet it’s a riot at home!! (Too soon?)
3 pts – Cincy wins, this ones for Gary who has been so burnt
by the bearcats this season and I assume will not pick them this week which in
turn means they must win, right?!
2 pts – Tulsa
wins, we struggle with UCF this year right? Man does that seem like a long time
ago!!
1 pt – Bama wins, I thought about going Uga, but the only
game bama has lost was to what might be the first freshman Heisman winner ever.
Making it my 1 pt hoping again that people pick bama high and they lose or
people bye into Mark’s boys and they lose. Also, any of you domer fans out there
might want to root for UGA, because who you want to have a month to prepare for
your team, Mark or Nick? That’s what I thought.
Win or lose, it has been another fun year, hope someone
enjoyed reading these psychotic ramblings as much as I enjoy writing them – It’s
really like free therapy for the voices in my head!
See ya for bowl season!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.