Wednesday, October 17, 2012

wk 8 college football picks


(Trumpet sounds joyously) Subjects!! Bow before your Lord!! (More triumphant music) Thank You! Thank You! You are so kind, let us celebrate today as one, it is not without your support that I stand at this throne and rule…


Ok, I think that is enough redonculous celebration for today. Honestly I’m starting to have some of my inner conservative nature come out and I want to be modest and negative and glass have empty about can this really continue? But thankfully my even worse trait of being extremely superstitious is making me think more absurd and pompous the better!! Lucky ya’ll right?

The Big Ten is still very very bad bad bad!! (Although there are 3 B10 bball teams in preseason top 5, so maybe we are just a basketball conference now?)

Last week only 2 games I lost were my 1 and 2 pt games, keep that up and it be champagne time at end of the season.

This weeks games…

10 pts – Oregon wins,  asu is not bad but the ducks be loading up for another run at trying to win one that counts. Funny side note, just as Browns fans have had a day of feeling good about new life and ownership, today I hear that maybe the new owner likes Chip Kelley for new Browns head coach?! Is there a conspiracy to kill Browns fans? Seriously a 1) college 2) no nfl experience 3) spread offense coach to start our new direction? Somewhere someone is dying laughing!

9 pts – Mich wins, sorry sparty the run ends this year and it’s back to reality. This game and Michigan both illustrate why the big ten is so so bad because Michigan is going to show that they are probably best team (maybe the bucks if we can find some sort of defense before The Game) in the conference and they got housed by Bama and beat by improving but not yet dominant Domers in the non-conference, yet the only team that probably will or should compete with them in the Big Ten is the bucks.

8 pts – Cincy wins, too bad for my wife’s school, but UC should beat the rockets solidly even on the road, but if there is a game I feel I could get screwed on it could be this one, my only hope is that most peeps have Cincy winning big too.

7 pts – LSU wins, I know they are on the road and A&M has a really good qb, but man are the aggies and mizzu gonna help the SEC mystique by struggling and struggling bad in their first years in the conference.

6 pts – Iowa wins, maybe now pedi st will start getting some come upins? Also, this is the Iowa/ferentz comfort zone of have low expectations and catch people off guard by being pretty good or better than they thought.

5 pts – Zona wins, Richrod’s boys ought to score score score on the huskies, hopefully it’s enough to win, and being at home should help too.

4 pts – Fla wins, ole ball coach team going to lose a close one on the road again to what is looking like maybe a challenger to bama? Maybe?

3 pts - Neb wins, will just outscore the wildcats and no home field advantage to help NW.

2 pts – Stan wins, well they should have beat the domers really, but they didn’t, so as long as they can control the band they should win their rivalry game.

1 pt – K st wins, wv def finally done in the team once they played a defense with some game, now being at home is why I only have K st as a 1 pt pick here, but look for K st qb to be front runner for Heisman after this game.

There it is, another week and hopefully another good week of picks, only time will tell…

P.S. – nervous about bucks this week because of long list of stupid superstitions I have about purdon’t, this weekend, and the bad play of the boilers coming into this game. Hope I’m way way wrong or at least the offense just keeps scoring our way to victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.