Well I’m still in second but a few points further from first;
hopefully I can change that this week. Might be difficult because there are two
ACC games, the buck’s game, so cal’s other rivalry - that I know little to
nothing about.
Did anyone hear the news? The BigTen is BAD BAD BAD!!!!
The bucks are 4-0, but underwhelming with their performance.
I can’t help the feeling though that there is a really good football team
there, but it only shows up for about 4-5 series per game and I don’t know how
a coaching staff can get that changed in a season with no post season to play
for? If there is a coach that can figure it out, we have him and if not,
imagine next year with more talent and more time?
In a little side NFL note, the browns are so bad they can’t
even complain about replacement refs, all replacement refs could do would be to
screw up in their favor.
On to week 5’s games…
10 pts – Uga wins, well I think Tenn showed in the fla game
that they are better but not ready to compete for a whole game and Uga has not
screwed me yet this year and this might be the game they do, but I bet this is
game most people have as their 9 or 10 point game, so hopefully should be ok.
9 pts – WV wins, well they have an amazing QB who in my vote
is the front-runner for the Heisman. Baylor is ranked and big 12 competition
should be a step up from bigeast powers like syracuse and uconn (ha), but
playing in “French fried tatters uh huh” land is worth a 10 point advantage
before the game even starts.
8 pts – Stan wins, I know Thursday night on espn is where
ranked teams go to die, but if they don’t crush the huskies? Well I don’t know,
but that would just be awful and I can’t see a scenario where that happens.
7 pts – Illnois wins, a bigten winner pick this high, I
ought to have my head examined, but dammit Illnois! Pedi state is not good and
you better beat them at home! Pedi state non-conference schedule was bad enough
that the dream of them going winless was unrealistic, but there is no team
other than Indiana that shouldn’t beat Pedi state!
6 pts – Texas wins, um the longhorns are almost in the top
ten for first time in a while, but I’m not sure if they are really that good or
not, but I have a feeling they are best they’ve been in years.
5 pts – Miami (fl) wins, my stomach is sick, really I can’t
believe I’m going to pick them this high, but I’m so less confident on the
other picks that ignorance feels like bliss for sure with this pick. You know
until I get the spreadsheet and everyone has NCST and I beat myself over the
head with a 2x4! Fucking ACC teams…
4 pts – Va Tech wins, basically see previous pick and repeat
all comments. Cincy though is missing B Kelly bigtime.
3 pts – Fresno St wins, I looked at the line and took the
favorite. I can’t give a break down of these teams. Honestly playing football,
well actually doing anything but going to the beach and trying to drill drill
drill seems gay in a town like San Diego or Miami or Hawaii. I mean I
understand football powers in Alabama; most of the girls are either very prudish
or toothless wonders, but So Cal? Ehh, maybe when you grow up out there its old
hat, maybe?
2 pts- Oregon St wins, The first last second change of the year for
me, I had zona down, but shutout by Oregon richrod? How’s that happen, I
expected you to lose, but like 72-28, not 49-0! I know your back at home, but
that is some tough Beaver (def) to penetrate! (El prez I know its not S.
Carolina, but the wildcats vs beavers is a pretty good matchup every year)
1 pts – Bucks win, I don’t know where to start but Meyer
really does have some magic ability to put a spell on people. Normally after 4
games of that defensive performance and an explosive but inconsistent (and more
troubling penalty prone) offense would have me on a bridge with a note, a 6
pack and some grits! But for some reason I see the positives, like Roby looking
like one of the better DB’s in a long time to play at OSU, a QB where the sky
is the limit, a offensive line that at times is really moving people off the
ball and has a bit of nasty. And an offense scheme that says if we make right
choices we should take it to the house, quickly and often. Having said all
that, sparty is probably best team in the bigten despite not really having a qb
yet and it’s on the road. I bet most others will have sparty winning and pretty
high in points value and rightfully so, but I just have a feeling that getting
on the road, getting “healthy” (aka no more excuses now that the real teams are
on the schedule) and getting in bigten play will get this teams attitude and
performance to match their talents, hopefully! If not it could be long
afternoon. Also, with sparty being one dimensional on offense, that means a
loss would be at the expense of an Biakabatuka (shaking in pain at that name)
like performance be a local (groveport) traitor err kid. We shall see, I really
hope I’m right on this one and am rewarded for not letting my buckeye paranoia
change this pick.
Go Bucks!! Take me to first place!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.