Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A thank you letter (but you knew I was going to right this anyway, right?)

Dear (fill in your personal all powerful involved deity here):

Thank you for hearing and answering the prayers you choose to while simultaneously allowing awful horrible tragedies to happen so that us peons on earth know that your will is a mystery we are unable to grasp with our limit mental capacity. The gift of not knowing why kids get cancer, or serial murders live till 80, or war or famine…

Oh yeah – Child Molesters – I don’t get that one AT ALL but I’m sure in your infinite wisdom you have a plan I can’t know (for my own safety?) that will all be revealed in the next life.

Please continue to have a random order to who gets sick and who is healthy, to who is rich and who is poor and all while getting people to believe it is all under Your control and there is definitely NO scientific explanations. Zero chance that there is anything that we as humans can do; that trying to foster generations of change through advancing human respect and understanding for all is clearly a waste of time. There is no way knowledge and scientific study can create new medicines and technologies that can give the human race better quality and longer lasting lives. What is needed and proven to work - prayer (to the right god (my god – not yours) for healing of my kind). Surely you have a vested interest in seeing us divided and at war over what book or who’s word is your true voice and one and only way!

The notion that maybe you do have a place for us to go when we die, but you take no role in anything that goes on here is silly. That maybe what happens here and what we make of it are not controlled or predestined from above. That maybe how we choose to live and behave is more important than whom we choose to worship and how we impose that worship on others? No Way!! Clearly for any rational person the born again child molester should enter your gates with a smile and the uber-humanitarian atheist should burn, burn, burn!!

Thank you once more for using this wisdom; I don’t know how I would get by having to decipher all this tricky information on my own. Just not pulling my pud in public takes all my energy and knowing that I’ll that is asked is my blind allegiance and willingness to hate, discriminate and war in your name is a huge relief!!

What would I, we, anyone do without you (in all your forms). I just can’t Imagine?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.