Wednesday, October 19, 2011

wk 8 picks

Buckeyes got a big win (big not good) over the crazy fighting zookers last week with 1 pass completion. One might think I’d have a big issue with that lack of passing, but what really troubled me was how Carlos Hyde was used or more correctly not used. Now, having boom back was great and he is very good, but really he goes right back to starting? He served his time and he should play, but I feel the fact Carlos is the only of the 3 rbs playing to not have (as far as we know) any disciplinary issues and that he has performed very well earns him the start. Forget the start, he didn’t even play till the third quarter and only had 3 carries – IN A GAME WE THREW 4 TIMES!!! What am I missing? I’m a big Jordan Hall fan and Boom is great too, but Hyde is the now and the future. Boom has ½ a season, Hall will be a senior next year, but Hyde can be the next Beanie, Eddie, Raymont style Buckeye rb. It is just another disturbing sign of questionable decision making with the coaching staff.

And now for questionable decision making… my picks!!


10pts – Wisconsin, I hope sparty def is as nasty as it seems and crushes them, but I think Cheatconsin will win, hope I’m wrong!!

9pts – Bama, Can a team have negative yards as an official stat? Might find out with rocky top vs bama def this weekend!!

8pts – N’west, I never want anyone to die, but it has been nice seeing all the Al Davis jokes stop and for Al to get the respect for all the great things he did in the NFL. I hope Joe Pa figures out that can happen for him by retiring, he doesn’t have to die. The jokes stopped being funny a couple of years ago and now it is just sad. (ok, maybe they are still a little funny, but sad too)

7pts – Virg, this team lost to a div 1aa school last year?!! And last week they hold Ga Tech to 21 pts? F-ing college football is nuts.

6pts – Fl st, when things haven’t gone how’d you’d hoped in the first have of the season… Get you some Maryland!!

5pts – S fla, did you hear that? That is the sound of my head trying to process the fact that skip holtz and s fla are arguably the best football team (college or pro) in the state of Florida!! Wow!! Sidenote: Lou Holtz is funniest man alive – why? He had a stutter as a kid/young man (stuttering often runs in families so if one has it, their kids might also) and over came it, then named his kid Skip! Call me evil, but that cracks my shit up!!

4pts – State U of NJ, unless an obvious loss – I will always go with the fighting sopranos!!

3pts – ND, hmmm ND stopped turning the ball over and they are winning? Surprise surprise, I have a feeling at the end of this season ND fans are going to be asking how they lost those first 2 games and how it cost them a shot at being big time for the first time in a long time. Relax though Kelly is going to have them back – he won big at cincy for Mary’s sake!!

2pts – Utah, I keep having to remind myself this is a conference game, still weird and only going to get more and more weird over the next few years.

1pt – UCLA, the bruins win the boner bowl!! This game should be shortened to one half, everyone watching will be “finished” by halftime – heck some maybe before kickoff!!


There it is the wisdom that will get you barely above last place! Anyone jealous?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.