I learned something about myself that deep down I probably knew, but really manifested it self Saturday night. I really only care about defense, I want to win and I want a great team, but when times are tough (as they are now) I need defense not to be the catalyst of the troubles. Two weeks ago during the sparty debacle I was upset and bummed, but could deal, this past game when the defense disappeared I lost it. I played on both sides of the ball, but only out of need – dline is the only thing I loved. Offensive players basically (with a few exceptions of really nasty offensive lineman and fullbacks) are just playing water polo without the water. A truly defensive minded player is trying to kill your soul so that there will be nothing left even for the afterlife!! I really really lost it Saturday night and I know this season is going to be bad, but it should NOT be because of the defense! They don’t have a lot of experience or even depth, but there is talent and scheme enough that there are no excuses for what happened!! In honor of the late Al Davis, our players on that field needed a little raider attitude in them, they need to get some Jack Tatum spirit!! They should tell the other team we might lose every game because of the offense, but you will be begging your coaches to punt on 3rd down once we get done hitting you!! I want blood, violence, 5 personal foul penalties a game – for the opponent to have a fucking MASH unit on the sideline!! Shit I’m still pissed; I need some blood pressure meds or something!!
Oh and mr. NCAA, I have a violation to self report, QB number 14 has been receiving a full scholarship for years and based on what we have seen it is clear he has been over paid for the work done!! Those aren’t rose colored cheeks on Joey, that’s his blood trying to escape his body out of embarrassment!!
Ok, more stellar picks…
10pts – Team up North, found out this week that Coach Brady is from the Dayton area, so once again the Ann Arbor branch of Ohio State is going to be good in football – really good. Someone can fact check me on this (I’m making it up out of anger), but they probably have never ever ever won without their important pieces coming from Ohio! Be it coach or players, the ‘leaders and best’ start out buckeyes!! Hell, I actually don’t know a single Michigan fan from Michigan, my buddy and both my cousins that wear the winged helmet shirts, all born and raised in Ohio!! (Actually not sure where my friend was born, but I think Columbus) Anyway, they are good again as we are Davenporting all over ourselves!!
9pts – Auburn, no Florida school in the top 25 rankings at all!! Was going with Auburn at home anyway, but now that gator QB is out with injury, bumped this up a few points.
8pts – K st, as buckeye fan is finding out again, coaching really does make a difference with college kids, thus the return of crazy “only soft butter please” Bill Snyder has restored success at k st.
7pts – NC, eveytime the canes are in a match up this year I am going to say this and probably only this… We LOST to that team!!
6pts – Baylor, until someone tells A&M that games are 4q long they will not win. Plus Baylor QB is really something, maybe next year he will have some eligibility left and find him self in Madison leading bucky the cheating badger. I know I know, I’m a buckeye fan how can I bitch about cheating, not bitching that they cheat, just pissed they have figured out how to get away with it; seriously how hard is it to figure out? Rent fucking Goodfellas, Godfather, and Scarface!!
5pts – Trojans, they look close to being back; wonder if buckeyes will be back as quickly? Quicker? Or Longer?
4pts – Fresno St, ??????????????????????????
3pts – BYU, Mit Romney those bitches!! Sorry that was lame. They should win because the Mormons are well practiced at avoiding Beaver, well at least until they are married – then they procreate like rabbits!!
2pts – Iowa, really I didn’t see any of the psu/iowa game last week, but checking scores on phone as I pulled carpet and did other work on brother-in-laws new crib saw 6-3 in 4th quarter!! Worst part was it’s the bigten, so I wasn’t all that surprised!! What a shitty conference! Missouri actually said, well we will go to the SEC, but we’d rather go to the Bigten but they don’t want us. Yeah you wanna come play iowa, Indiana, purdon’t, minnisota, purple power, getting sparty with it U, weekend at bernies U!! (that’s a joe pa reference for anyone wondering)
1pt – Tejas, going with upset to see if I can get lucky and make up some points, I figure the average pick for this will be ok st at about 6pts, so if some how the longhorns can regroup and play well at home maybe I can get lucky? We shall see.
There you have it, do you feel fulfilled?
A short Poem:
Urban Urban on the wall,
Who’s gonna save us all?
Calling games with Chris is fun,
But don’t you miss being number 1?
Come and grab the reigns,
Stir this ship back on track.
Gainesville fans are loud and proud.
But the Brutus pack is in great pain,
Return us to glory, experience love and fame,
Join the few that came before,
Go down forever in Buckeye lore
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.