Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm still Alive

It has been a while since I’ve posted anything… hopefully like me ya’ll have been busy enjoying the summer. It has been baby mania for the last few weeks, but we are very close to football mania!! Last week bought tixs for osu v tol game in the Shoe so that my lovely wife can see her alma matta; as we hopefully lead them to slaughter. If any are wondering why I haven’t had proliferous comments on the transition to coach Fickell, frankly I am confident in his abilities and the talent on the team. Really the only question, and it is a HUGH one, is the quarterback – more specifically NOT playing Bauserman. If they don’t bite as a pup, well…. They will never bite. I’m bias obviously, but Woody is the best and he said it the best… “You win with people”. Bauserman has an important role to play on this years team and that is too use his knowledge and experience to help the more talented player get up to speed and be able to win early.




On to the Browns… now I have to type softly, but shhhhhhh (check my right shoulder, check my left shoulder) they might be good or even pretty good, shhhhh. Now we fans of the orange helmet know to be cautious and look for hands on the edge of the rug, but every part of the team is improved. Colt might be better than hoped and if Greg Little improves the wr core from abysmal to not horrible – watch out for the brownies!!



Looking forward to college football pick’em starting in a couple weeks so I can bring you my picks to laugh at and not gamble by; I am going to make an effort to give funny insightful comments to all of our games this year without going the easy cheater joke route. Why? Well, one because it is easy and beneath me and two because the best jokes would be Ohio st ones and that would pain me so.



Another tix grab for me is my tixs to see the Columbus screening of the PJ20 movie by the legendary Cameron Crowe about my favorite band and the greatest live rockers around – Pearl Jam. If you would like to see a trailer go to pearljam.com and take a look it will be epic!! I will not be checking the pj20 festival in Wisconsin Labor Day weekend because I will be in Tenn. visiting friends, but I am super stoked for the movie. The weird part is I read some comments online about the concert/movie and people were talking about all the shows they have been to in the past and looking forward to this and that…. then some dude was talking about how in to going to the show his kids are and it being a destination weekend for the family etc etc etc… Holy Jesus, my favorite band is morphing into some lumberjack shirted, army booted, alt rockin – Deadhead/Parrot head cult group! Am I that old? Yes! But it is not bothering me and hell yeah if my kids first words are “..I can kill cause in God I trust…” or “..take my hand, not my picture…” – I’ll be cool with that. Callie might kill me, but if I had a dollar for everything that she will not want me to teach a child… well I’d have a lot of dollars….all I will demand of a kid is an open mind and a love for music, I don’t trust people who are ho-hum about music. Where is your soul?



Ok, well my first cup of coffee is working finally, so I’ve got to go but ya’ll take it easy and remember 11 days till kickoff!! (to much info on the coffee? Ehh, sorry)

2 comments:

  1. seriously... you are so never teaching our children anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teach? They will just absorb the genious!! Soak it all up like a sponge. Lol!! When I say genious let me point out i'm not sure if i spelled genious or absorb correctly, so genious is a relative concept! Damn they need spell check on mobile app for dummys like me (yes i misspelled dummies on purpose).

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.