Friday, May 6, 2011

At least he was trying

I was at Burlington coat factory on sawmill road tonight. As I was outside changing rooms, I saw a guy and his wife head into one of the rooms and shut the door and didn't really pay attention other than they were clearly from the middle east and she was in full covering clothes head to toe. I went on looking at some stuff around changing rooms waiting on my friend and then I turn around and see that the man is praying. It was about sundown and I thought what dedication, when they say 5 times a day they mean ALL 5 times a day. I have never seen a old white lady stop shopping and go "Damn forgot to say my hail Mary's this morning" and break out her rosary. Then I was curious, what is the woman doing in there? By Islamic law men usually pray separately, at least  in the mosques, maybe at home or for daily prayer they are allowed to pray together? But no, she is standing in corner facing the wall in time out! Yeah, I'd like to see my dad try to tell my mom to go in time out while he prays, that would not go over well!! Also, why would you not plan your time better and be done with shopping before sundown?Anyway, before you start to drift or wonder "Dave, really you have lost it this time, who cares?", let me get to the point. This guy is clearly trying to live his religion to the fullest and be a righteous man, too bad he didn't buy a compass or map first.

You are supposed to face east toward Mecca to pray.

This guy was 100 percent without a doubt (I verified my directional standing with my friend) facing WEST!! The wrong way, come on now, shouldn't that be a key thing you know?! Well, you have to give him credit for the effort!! Hope God forgives him, but from the little I know, seems like most Gods (regardless of religion) are kind of sticklers for the rules.

OK, honest update, I thought I had read the east thing somewhere, but I was totally wrong!! (Glad I fact checked that one) Apparently, it depends on where in the world you are as to which direction you face (google it). The great part is depending on how you want to use a map, if you are in North America you either face northeast or southeast, so the dude was still way off by facing due west!! Still funny, of course the joke is on me if my heathen ass is burning in hell for eternity!!

2 comments:

  1. Holy Crap P.T or P.M.S 4!! That is some funniness. I am peeing my pants!!
    You are the funniest man alive

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, i try, but the real credit should go to religion - nothing breeds funny shit like religion.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.