This labor day weekend the concert event of maybe the last few decades will be taking place in Wisconsin? That's right, even a broken clock is right twice a day or every dog has his day or whatever metaphor you'd like, but Wisconsin is having the epic weekend that has been rumored for months as "the pearl jam festival". This week it was made official, given a proper title (PJ 20), and a set list that obviously includes the best band in the world closing out both nights!! Now you might think I would be there come hell or high water and usually you'd be correct, but this one I will have to miss. The cost is a slight factor, Wisconsin is definitely a factor, first football weekend is in play, but the main reason is I already have plans to go on vacation that weekend and the following week. FEAR NOT my friends, because fortunately for me and many others that can't make the journey to cheese country, there is a Cameron Crowe - Pearl Jam 20th anniversary movie coming out in the fall (oct?) relating the story that is PJ from Mookie to T.O.D. to PJ and maybe even to Eddie does ukulele?!(That's right, Eddie has a all ukulele album coming out in a few weeks) This I'm sure will be packaged with the full concert from one if not both nights!!
If any of you (doubtful knowing the few people that read this blog) have the means and desire to go, tickets will start at about 225 bucks per for the weekend (no one day tixs i believe) and the band lineup is on pj.com, but I can save you some time and tell you the only other bands you are likely to recognize are 'the strokes' (whom are a great band) and - holy 90's flashback - 'mudhoney'!! That's right for those of you with brain cells left to remember never quite made it hugh bands of the 90's, frickin mudhoney still is a band?! How bout that?
So in closing, if there is still a world to play to (more to come on end of world stuff tomorrow) and you are so inclined, go check out PJ in wisconsin, they are so great you will forget your in one of the 5 worst states we have!! If I win the lottery before then, I will be there with lots of my friends, then go on vacation.
PJ thought for today and well and day - Mike McCready is God!! "Make me cry..."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.