Wednesday, May 25, 2011
F-ing Bumper Stickers
A number of times I have discussed a shared disdain for bumper stickers with a couple of my more cultured friends (yes they are more cultured when they agree with me!!). But I have lessened my hate for the typical "my belief is ______ and your belief sucks!!", pissing Calvin on ______, or even vote for so and so in such and such year (never seen a Mondale 84', wish I would). Why? Because of my new bumper enemy; the go figure what this shit means on your own bumper sticker. What, was Kelly's Island to long to put on a bumper sticker? I mean if I saw an R2D2 sticker, I'd get the reference, but some soccer mom might wrecker her van trying to 'google it' on her blackberry. But the one I would pay to get rid of is - 13.1. For those of you who don't know, can't figure out, or have frankly to busy of a life to want to waste the time to find out; it is for people who run half marathons. Now I don't really like the 26.2 stickers for full marathoners, but at least they are 'closers' (a - always, b - be, c- closing)!! I mean, my fat arse needs some (some! ha made myself laugh there) more walking and running in my life, and I respect people that have the drive to get and stay in that kind of shape, but don't tell me about it on your car. One, your not running now - your depleting the planets natural resources just like me and two, nobody cares. Now the half way'ers, REALLY DON'T TELL ME about your lack of commitment. Whats next, a "Vegetarian, except sometimes chicken or fish if I need to be polite or just want some protein beyond peanuts and dates on Friday night" bumper sticker. Yeah I went there, that's why the adult content warning is there!! All this honestly because I missed a light on my statement run because of one of these morons!! You know what I'm going to have made? A bumper sticker like "7 I H 2 V" which means NOTHING just so I can waste someones time when they go home and "google it" and find nothing, they will always wonder what it meant. Then 3000 years from now, some one will find my car and wonder what was this in history and then maybe someone will speculate it was an ancient code to the Apocalypse etc etc tec... Or I will just calm down in an hour or so and go on with my day, till I curse a different ahole?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.