Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A little customer service lesson

Sunday night driving home in my wife's car it began to overheat about 10 mins from home, I cranked the heat to keep it from redlining and the next night took it to get looked at and see what was wrong. It was also due for a oil change and I knew the brakes needed replaced so I expected to get a call saying you know you blah blah blah... But the call I got is a lesson in how not to start a conversation.

"Hi is this David?"

"Yes"

"Your wife's car needs a new engine"

"Excuse me?!"

"Yeah it needs a new lower engine block, it's cracked and you need a new engine"

"Um (silence as a clutch my chest)... Um um"

"It's covered under recall warranty, it's a known issue with Gen 8 civics and won't cost you anything, now you do need brakes..."

I won't go on with rest of conversation about brakes et al, but...


MAYBE FUCKING LEAD WITH IT'S COVERED UNDER RECALL WARRANTY DICKHEAD!! FUCKING A MAN!! YOU ABOUT ORPHANED MY KID AND WIDOWED MY WIFE!! 

ok, that's all, oh if you know anyone with a 2006-2009 civic, tell them if it overheats to go to dealership because it could be very serious, but covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.