And like hockey, after about a 2 days off, racing is back!!!! (unlike hockey - I'm happy about it)
So before I get into my segment 1 picks I'd like to do my season champion and this year I will not be playing it safe. I'm going to mix it up a bit, see if I can get back to victory lane. And my pick.....
Team Red Bull and Kasey Kahne - why? Well, team Red Bull is money money money and has had success in every other form of racing in the world. In NASCAR, ehh not bad for the so so drivers they have had and I'm no fan of the midget lady killer, but he is best 90lb driver in racing (sorry Danica) which will push the team to next level, well at least for a season. Plus, he better go get a championship before next year when he starts driving the most cursed number in NASCAR - Hendrick number 5 is wicked bad mojo.
And now my picks......
Daytona 500 - Jr, I have to pick with my heart sometimes, he is wayyyyyy due, its daytona, no one's pick is safe, so might as well take a shot and hope for the best. If he does get caught up in a wreck, I only ask he spins that bitch right into Paul Menard's path!!
Phoenix - 48, OK sometimes you can't go out on a limb, Some times you need to take the sure thing and get some points. My philosophy is take risks at places like dega, bristol, daytona and the other tracks go with the guys that always ALWAYS finish in top 5 or 10 even if they are a homo, shrub, or retarded tom cruise.
Vegas baby - 18, went back and forth on which Busch brother would defend home turf in sin city (those ears are sins and didn't stay in Vegas - they should have) and settled on kyle because I doubt he'll have another bad year (hope I'm wrong). He would fall under a safer bet for season champ.
Bristol - 2, Ahh, my Brother-in-law (Bill) whom is joining us for his first season in Budnascar will be going to the spring race in Bristol for the second year in a row, hope he has a blast (again) and maybe sees the 88 in victory lane, but will probably have to settle for his discovery in the blue deuce.
Fontuckey - 4, this is where my season pick will start to show the power of team red bull and how good he is on the medium or large (non restrictor plate) tracks. (Steve and slack, is there a more appropriate number for Fontuckey than 4? how perfect?! 4!!!)
Martinsville - 11, um if you don't take the 11 you better take the 48, because the other 41 drivers are not running for the win at this track. homo and special needs are killer here, I think Hamlin has 4 of last 5 wins here, maybe 5 of 6? anyway, he's good. one leg, two legs, 5 noses dude likes martinsville.
So there you have it, hope it helps or at least entertains. Good luck to all playing. Go 88!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.