In those times of reflection I too often find my self thinking of death or the things i'll miss when i'm dead like family, friends, music, movies... I find I think about it most often when milestones or big events happen in life - especially when many big events happen in a short amount of time. Having a child seems to be one milestone after another and thankfully keeps me so very busy that I have less time for strolling about in the depths of my thoughts. However today as my son seems on the brink of taking his first steps, my God-Sister is taking steps to accept her degree for graduating high school and going on to college and her brother just got his first job after college and his first apartment my mind has been wandering. They are the first kids I ever watched and my first memories of being "the adult" or at least the responsible person and now I have my own son to make giggle and do fun things with like: watching banana's in pajama's, playing games, and watching the same 30 second clip of a Chris Farley movie 30 times in a row.
I can't really figure why stuff like that makes me think of when i'm gone and what i'll miss, but I do laugh at the things it will make me miss. Obviously i'll miss my family and friends, but the strange thing I thought of today out of the blue that I will miss is "The Goonies"!! Seriously, I can't not remember (i'm proud of that double negative and sentence structure!!) that movie not being in my life. I must have watched it hundred's of times, I have it on my phone so I can watch it or parts of it whenever I get the urge. I'll fast forward to Chunk talking about hurling over the balcony of the movie theater when i'm sad just for a quick laugh!! Jerk alert - it's Chunk!! The mind is so strange and mine is stranger than most... Oh well it's good enough for me... I'm gonna go get some rocky road...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.