Thursday, January 24, 2013

a little basic economy 101 supply and demand

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2013/01/24/big-hikes-on-some-tickets-likely.html


This would have happened last year with Urban coming in if not for the bowl ban. And if people want to beat the SEC and be the best there is going to be a price. Also, with title 9, this is the only way the university can offer 36 scholarship sports, basically means mens basketball is break-even/self funding, then Football has to be profitable enough to pay for everything else. The one comment from another moron online poster (I am really beginning to enjoy reading these peoples posts) said this is very "Obama-like". Um this is very opposite of big government/stick it to the rich. This is very simply supply and demand, because if you don't believe when you give up your season tickets, there won't be 5,000 people waiting in line to get them then you are delusional. And more supply and demand, if the product (god forbid) goes belly up and stinks then you will see prices go down - ask Auburn or Oregon in 3 years or Penn St for about the next decade. It is very sad to me that be the time my son is old enough to go to his first game i'll probably only be able to take him to see a game vs the likes of Buffalo or Cornpolk a&m, but it will be in my favorite place in the world with my boy (and hopefully my Dad - he bitches about prices already) with the band and the team I love, there is no price point that will change that - ever! When they got you by the balls, well they got you by the balls!! No guy goes to see a Nicholas Sparks movie because he wants to!! The fact that I know the name Nicholas Sparks tells you two things - 1, i'm married and 2,i'm in love with my wife!! (actually for my wife it's more movies like Rent/West Side Story, but same bird, different feathers). I guess it could mean I was gay, but i'm not, anyway how'd I get here? Seriously what was I talking about, it's like I blacked out for a second. Um, yeah ticket prices are going up, shocker, deal or become a Mac football fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.