Monday, August 20, 2012

funny story on my first day back

Went back to work yesterday, well to my one job, anyway on Sundays I work as support staff for special needs people. It is a fun and rewarding job that is never short on new experiences and funny situations. Often we go to movies and usually to the cheap dollar theater at the Continent. That theater says open at noon and usually has movies starting from noon to 12:45, but it is run by a Indian family (literally the family, mom/dad/kids/baby and all). I've become use to the fact that they show up right at 12 or a few minutes later and we might have to wait outside for a minute if the movie we are seeing is a noon start. We usually are the only people there, but yesterday was different. By the time they showed up to open the theater at 12:25 there were 15 people waiting to get in and I think all there to see MIB3 which was to start at noon. We were the only people there at 11:55 and the others that showed up showed up around 12:10. I told people they were usually a little late, but even this was later than normal. When they showed up, we went in got our tickets and headed to theater which was the one right next to concession/ticket booth and that's when the hilarious broke out...

The last group to show up outside before theater opened was two mom's and 3 kids (1black mom, 1 white mom which actually matters for this story). The first thing I hear out of the white woman's mouth is "where were you at noon!!" then the black woman goes on rant about it says online, outside, in the paper etc etc that the movie starts at noon and you "ain't" even open "ats" noon (mind you I know they didn't show up till 12:10 or so). And the white lady just keeps saying "where were you at noon, you should be open!!" like back round singing in a rap song. It was pretty funny, but not why I'm telling this story. The whole reason for this story is for the "closing argument" of the black woman. After about 3-5 minutes of these 2 women just unloading on this lady about not being open at noon the black woman says this... "bitch, I'm black and never on time, if your not open by the time I get here you gots problems, we out!!" And with that beauty I believe they left the theater because they never came in to MIB3 and I doubt they decided to go see a different movie.

I guess the lesson is, don't go to the Continent theater with any expectations other than seeing movie for cheap. You can't even get popcorn unless you wait 30 minutes after they show up/open. And if you do go, pay attention because that place brings out the crazy's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.