Being on the medical billing side of health"care" has its good sides and bad sides like any job. Plus side, I understand how the insurance company is trying to screw me when I get my eob's, down side there is still nothing I can do about it. Plus side, I don't deal with blood or vomit or shit, down side is some of the people who do make waaaayyyy more money than I do. I could go on as anyone with a job could, but my absolute least favorite thing to do is to key/update the death list. Everything in billing gets updated, so that when someone calls to say they paid that, we can say yes you did sorry for the errant bill or no you paid the June bill, but that is for the July bill etc etc etc. Well some of our clients are in fields where the majority of their patients are elderly and when you have a mass of elderly (and often terminally ill patients) it is very important to know their "status" for many billing reasons. So every 3 month's we get a list of accounts to update with -
Per office Patient is Deceased
It's kind of something that whoever has free time that day does and today was my day and it sucks. Well, I guess it is better than being on the other side of the message, but damn if doesn't make my mind wonder. I can't stop thinking how long the list is for a small small small little part of the world. I also wonder what those peoples life was like etc etc etc... Mostly it just makes me think about what I think everyone-all day-everyday is really trying to do (subconsciously or consciously), not think about the one certainty we can NOT avoid. Well, fuck, sorry to bring everyone else down with me, just a shitty part of the job.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.