Saturday, June 25, 2011

My brothers first race

Did not have a chance to get to this during the week, but last sunday I took my bro Jon to his first Nascar race at Michigan International Speedway. It was my first trip to that track and I was pleasantly surprised and had a great time. Really, it is hard to have a bad time at a race because you can bring your own beer and the people watching is better than peopleofwalmart.com. The racing (though it doesn't sound like tv coverage was good) was good at mis with good passing and action for most of the race. We left at 6am and got to parking lot at about 9:30 and had a quick breakfast at the car.


After breakfast to the track with good seats of most of the track from turn 1


Here is our driver Jr. taking the wave at the fans lap, followed by a pic of the flyover





here they come to start the race, truly a great feeling, thats what you learn at your first race is not how great the sound or smell is, but the feel of those cars roaring past is awesome!!


and the day didn't go as i'd hoped for the 88, but it start well and here are the best shots I got of the man passing some cars and trying to make things happen.




Well he didn't win, but he is still having a good start to the year and hopefully it keeps getting better.

Oh yeah, the people watching, well my first race I saw a dude with an exact Budweiser logo tattoo accross his shoulders/back. I've seen ladies in wheel chairs with an oxygen mask chain smoking and drinking beer, i've seen a friend so intoxicated he dropped a large pizza on the people after someone gave it to him for free, not to mention some of the best mullets in the history of the world, but this next picture is easily the funniest/sadest/skankiest/walmartiest thing i've seen.... god i love going to the track...
I come from carney people and I just love to see the freakier side of living....


How much does one spend on shorts they intend to "classy up" by cutting hole in bottom to create an ass cheek basket? Notice the nice ever trendy rib tattoo. This might be fun, list what you think might be in her backpack. I'll start, smokes/meth/and probably a WWJD shot glass. 

Anyway, hope you enjoy the pictures and if you have never been to a race, get to one you will not regret it - there is literally something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.