Monday, May 12, 2014

Night moves

Man it's been way too long since I wrote, but taking a little time tonight as I had a beautiful drive after a long day. 

Had to go back to office and get some work done (12.5 hr day is fun) and coming home had a flash back to the only thing I truly miss about my missed spent youth - just cruisin!! I would drive anywhere and on a warm spring/summer/fall night was the best!! Get a big drink, some grits, and tunes and blast! I'd take highways and back roads, cruise the farms and the city and the burbs. Feel the cool wind and enjoy the sounds of Ed or Jimi or Stevie or Janis or Clapton or ... Sometimes even stop the music and listen to quiet noise of the night. There is a buzz of the real soul of a town at night - those that make it run and those that live it strong. I think it's where real art thrives, inspiration can't come over coffee in the morning - coffee and mornings are for recovery and reflection on how you made it through another night. For gathering stories from those, or of those, that made the night come alive.  You might find a person worthy of a Bukowski poem during the day, but only at night will you see that poem unfold. 

I wouldn't trade my life now for anything, but it wouldn't be what it is now without the experiences of my late teens and early twenties.  My greatest wish is that I pass on to my son the love and passion of stories - making them, living them, sharing them and cherishing them. If his thoughts are art, friends, family, experiances over money, deadlines, expectations than I will have left something positive in this world. 

Kind of a great thought after a long day of pointless paper pushing. People can try to explain what a child will do to your life, but no explanation is really good enough. 

I wonder when I became kind of a hippie then I think I always was, it just took time for me to be proud of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.